India Crime Data Desk
31st December 2019
370 terror attacks in Pakistan in 2019, causing deaths of 518 people, as per a report released a think-tank – the Center for Research and Security Studies (CRSS).
Here is the Data:
- 141 militants arrested in 2019
- 24 Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) Miltents arrested
- 2 Jamat-ud-Dawa (JuD) Jihadis arrested
- A 30% drop from the 739 fatalities from nearly 400 terror attacks in 2018.
- 2 militant outfits – Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) splinter groups and the Islamic State (IS) – claimed responsibility for 12 and one attacks.
- Civilian fatalities declined by about 36 per cent.
- Balochistan was the most affected region of militancy and insurgency. Largest drop of 44% in fatalities also observed in Balochistan.
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and tribal region saw drop of 44% in terror violence.
- Sindh registered 19% and Punjab 11% terror violence.
- Islamabad saw growing trends in violence, with 7 fatalities in 2019, as to 6 in 2018.
- Gilgit-Baltistan showed improvement & from 7 fatalities in 2018 to no fatalities in 2019.
- Suicide attacks declined significantly. It Dropped from 26 in 2018 to 9 in 2019.
- Terror attacks resulted in loss of life of 295 individuals in 2018, dropped to 56 in 2019.
- Civilians were the most terrorism-affected group.
- Civilian fatalities declined by about 36%.
- Government and security officials’ fatalities dropped by 19%.
- The militants & insurgents had 30% drop in the fatalities.
- No drone attack was reported in 2019, as compared to 4 in 2018.
- In 2018 Drone attacks 13 militants were killed.
- This is significant mark as it is first year since 2004, when there is no drone strikes (as of December 30, 2019).
- Only 2 militant outfits, TTP and ISIS, claiming responsibilities for terror attacks.
- ISIS claimed one attack & TTP and it’s splinter groups Hizbul Tahrir and Jamat-ul-Ahrar claimed 12 attacks in Pakistan.
- Arrested militants data is also given.
- 32 from TTP
- 11 from Lashkar-e-Jhangvi
- 3 from al-Qaeda in the Indian Sub-Continent (AQIS)
- 4 from ISIS
- 2 from Balochistan Liberation Army
- 5 from Baloch Republican Army