- Beware of ‘dangerous’ coronavirus websites, Delhi Police Issued Warning
- Exploiting on the pandemic, over 4,000 websites registered globally to cheat people
- Delhi Police issued list of potentially-malicious websites that exploit the panic caused by Corona 0r CoVID19 Virus pandemic.
- Delhi Police, Cyber Crime division tweeted list of “potentially dangerous domains” with advisory to stay away from them.
- DCP, Cyber Crime issues a list of websites and asked public to “apply caution while handling emails/links.”
- Police have not given details of the threats involved with these websites.
- It is learnt that some of these sites could be trying to steal passwords and personal information or trying to spread malware, launch spear-phishing campaigns.
- Cyber security experts say that there are many sites which send out mass scam emails with an aim to make money.
- It is also learnt that hackers are using coronavirus fear to hack into personal accounts.
- Check Point Threat Intelligence study says that since January 2020, more than 4,000 corona virus related websites or portals are registered globally.
- This report also says, “Corona virus related domains are 50% more likely to be malicious than other domains registered at the same period.”
- List of Delhi Police is same as issued by the Forbes magazine sometime back. Forbs the list of websites and emails which steals the data and spreading malwares.
THE LIST OF MALICIOUS WEBSITES